Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 ½ lb. Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Pernod or Sambuca
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 2 cup Fresh tomato, cubed
- 2 cup Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup rice
- 1 ½ cup water
- In sauté pan melt butter, add shrimp and scallions.
- Sauté until shrimp turn pink, 3 Äì 4 minutes, remove
- Add pernod to pan, add cream, heat until thickened
- Add tomato, and mushrooms, sauté for 2 Äì 3 minutes. Add shrimp and scallions back into sauté pan, salt and pepper to taste. Adjust Pernod if needed, and heat thru.
- Place rice in center of plate and spoon mixture over top.
- Bring water to boil, add rice, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market