Makes 8 servings
- 1 (8 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 40 large shrimp - peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 20 slices bacon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place a small piece of cheese into the butterflied opening of each shrimp. Wrap half of a slice of bacon around each one to conceal the cheese, securing with toothpicks. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until bacon is browned.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market