Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen), tails removed, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles (not drained)
- 2 cups canned green enchilada sauce or green salsa, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can nonfat refried beans
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style, Monterey Jack or cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine shrimp, corn, chiles and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover and microwave on High until heated through, 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in the prepared baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of 6 tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce (or salsa) over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake the enchiladas until they begin to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top. Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market