Tips: Cover ends of wooden skewers with aluminum foil to stop burning. Serve with rice placed in a small bowl coated with cooking spray; invert to create a timbale.
- 14 ounces small scallops
- 3/4 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 3 green onions
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tspn sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, optional
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, optional
- wooden skewers
- Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes. Cut green onions into 2-inch lengths.
- Thread shrimp and scallops, alternating with green onion onto soaked wooden skewers.
- In small bowls mix: Kids': lemon pepper, remaining pineapple juice and 2 tbsp canola oil
- In small bowls mix: Adults': lime juice, lime rind, sesame oil and 2 tbsp canola oil
- Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Place kebabs on heated grill; brush with sauces and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and cilantro, if using.
- Kids Sauces; Meat - BBQ sauce, red pepper, yellow pepper, pineapple and pineapple juice. Seafood - lemon pepper, pineapple juice, canola oil and parsley.
- Adult Sauces; Meat - BBQ sauce, Five Spice powder and peppers. Seafood - lime rind, lime juice, sesame oil, canola oil and cilantro
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market