Makes 4-6 servings
- 4-6 Gooseberries Specialty Kabob Skewers of your choice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Prepare brown rice according to directions, omitting butter.
- Combine mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add rice and mushrooms, green pepper, onion and parsley; toss lightly.
- Spoon rice mixture into baking dish.
- Place shish-kabob skewers on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, turning skewers several times while baking.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market