Makes 2 servings
- 1/3 cup medium-dry sherry, such as
- 1/3 cup beef consomme Äì undiluted
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp green or black peppercorns Äì crushed
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Gooseberries Beef Cube Steaks
- ½ lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
- Mix together the sherry, consomme, and sugar and set aside.
- Press peppercorns onto both sides of steaks.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add steaks, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Add the mushrooms.
- Stir the sherry mixture again and pour over mushrooms and cube steaks.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market