Makes 8 servings
This recipe is Gluten Free.(A mandoline is great for shaving the fibrous fennel bulbs into delicate, thin slices.)
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange sections (about 2 large oranges)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted green olives (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 medium fennel bulbs with stalks (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Trim the tough outer leaves from fennel, and ince feathery fronds to measure 2 tablespoons. Remove and discard stalks. Cut fennel bulb in half lengthwise, and discard core. Thinly slice fennel bulbs. Add fennel slices to juice mixture, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with fennel fronds and pistachios.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market