Makes 8 servings
- 4 lb. top round roast
- Seasoning ingredients:
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings ingredients and then rub the mixture evenly into surface of top round roast.
- Place top round roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover roast.
- Cook in the oven for about 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare or 155°F for medium.
- Remove top round roast from oven and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes prior to carving into slices.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market