This recipe is gluten free
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, preferably Spanish, plus more for skillet
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (2 medium cloves)
- 1/3 cup brine-cured pitted green olives, such as Picholine, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 navel orange, peel and pith cut off, flesh cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 (1 1/2 pounds and 1 inch thick) boneless sirloin steak
- Whisk together honey and vinegar in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Stir in onion, garlic, olives, orange, and parsley; set aside.
- Season steak all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat a 12-inch seasoned cast-iron skillet with a thin layer of oil; heat over medium-high heat until very hot. Sear steak, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate, and tent with foil; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, cut steak against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and arrange on a platter. Spoon relish on top; garnish with parsley sprigs.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market