Makes 20 servings
- 1 pound fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 2-8 oz. pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet, lightly brown sausage and drain. While sausage is still hot, add cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Cool completely.
- Separate crescent rolls and arrange into two rectangles. Form log of sausage mixture lengthwise down center of each rectangle. Fold over the long sides of pastry to cover sausage log. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, seam down. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is golden. When completely cooled, slice into one and one-half inch slices.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market