Makes 6 servings
- 3 lb rump or top round roast of beef
- Heat wine vinegar with ½ quart water to boiling point. Pour oven meat in tall bowl. Add all ingredients. Cover and marinated overnight in refrigerator. Turn twice.
- Next day, dry meat with paper towels. In Dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add meat.
- Brown on all sides, add sliced onions from marinade. Saute with meat. Add some of the marinade with all the ingredients and ½ cup water. Simmer until meat is soft.
- Remove meat, strain gravy. Thicken with flour and 4 tablespoons sour cream. Serve with potato dumplings.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market