- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef Stew Meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can (28 ounces) Stewed Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium Carrots, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium Onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. diced Green Chilies
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pinto Beans, drained
- Jalapeno Peppers, seed & diced - optional
- Cilantro, Chopped - optional
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- In a Dutch Oven, heat oil. Brown stew meat over medium high heat.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, onion, green chilies and taco seasoning, mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flour, stir into stew mixture.
- Add pinto beans and cook over low heat, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Jalapenos and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve with warm corn or flour tortillas
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market