Makes 2 servings
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 thick salmon fillets, skinned (5-6 oz)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Lime wedges (to garnish)
- Dry-fry sesame seeds in a nonstick fry pan over moderate heat until lightly toasted (approx. 2-3 minutes). Preheat grill or broiler. Cut each salmon fillet in half, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Brush generously with the oyster sauce and coat with the sesame seeds. Heat oils in a non stick fry pan until hot.
- Place the salmon in the pan and cook over moderate to high heat until the edges have become firm, about 3 minutes. Cook the salmon on one side only-do not turn it over.
- Transfer fish to the grill pan (carefully) sesame side up, finish cooking under grill for about 3 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market