Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¾ pound pound lean ground beef or ground chuck
- ¼ pound cooked corned beef Äì finely chopped
- 4 slices rye bread
- 8 to 16 ounces sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island Dressing, optional
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Sauté the onion slices in butter; set aside.
- Mix together ground beef & corned beef and shape into four patties; fry in skillet or broil to desired doneness, turning to evenly brown.
- Place patties on the rye bread slices on a broiler rack. Top burgers with sauerkraut, onion, and cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted. Serve with Thousand Island dressing or pickle slices if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market