- 1 medium butternut squash or other winter squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel the squash if desired. Halve the squash and scoop out and discard the seeds and strings. Cut into 1 inch wedges.
- Brush a roasting pan lightly with some of the butter. In a medium bowl, toss the squash with the remaining butter and season with the salt. Spread out on the pan and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the wedges over with a pancake-style spatula and continue to roast until tender and browned, about 30 minutes more.
- Transfer the squash to an ovenproof serving dish, season with pepper to taste and sprinkle with the cheese, while still hot, to melt slightly (if needed, return the squash to the oven to melt). Serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market