- 1 (3 lb) butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel, seed and cut butternut squash into cubes, approx. 1 inch.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place squash on baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes until fork-tender
- Meanwhile, dice onion and celery and saute in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add roasted squash to saute pan and pour in chicken stock to cover veggies. Cover pan and bring to boil.
- Once liquid is boiling, uncover and reduce. Puree in a blender or food processor, adding heavy cream, and additional salt and pepper to taste. Reheat and serve.
- You can add honey, nutmeg and/or cinnamon to taste if you wish
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market