Makes 4 servings
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets (about 1 ½ inches thick)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cups chopped seeded peeled tomato (about 1 pound)
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 ½ tsp coarsely chopped fresh or ¾ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Tarragon sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Sprinkle salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place the fillets, skin sides up, in a large skillet or small roasting pan. Spoon chopped tomato around fillets, and drizzle fillets with soy sauce.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil, and bake the fillets at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove skin from fillets, and discard skin. Remove fillets from pan, and keep warm.
- Add the chopped tarragon and mustard to tomato, stirring well. Spoon tomato mixture over fillets. Garnish with tarragon sprigs, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market