- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the pork. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and place the pork in it.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 155 to 160 degrees. Remove from oven and place pork on cutting board.
- Pour the apple cider in the baking pan and scrape any brown bits from the bottom.
- Put the pan on the stove over medium-high heat (or pour the pan drippings and cider into a skillet). Stirring occasionally, let the cider boil until it is reduced to a ¼ cup. It will be quite dark.
- Add cream and boil 5 minutes, or until very thick. Remove from heat
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and beat vigorously as it melts. Add the second tablespoon and beat until it melts.
- To serve the pork, slice thinly and drizzle with sauce. Pass extra sauce in a gravy boat, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market