- 3 1/2 pound boneless pork loin, tied (3 to 3 1/2 inches wide)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- A beurre manié, made by rubbing together 1 tablespoon
- softened unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a flameproof roasting pan heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown pork on all sides.
- Roast pork in middle of oven, basting frequently with some marinade, until a meat thermometer registers 155°F. for slightly pink meat, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving juices in roasting pan and discarding string, and let stand, covered loosely with foil, about 15 minutes.
- While pork is standing, skim and discard fat from pan and add remaining marinade.
- Deglaze roasting pan over moderately high heat, scraping up brown bits. Bring sauce just to a boil and strain through a fine sieve into another saucepan. Bring sauce to a simmer and whisk in beurre manié, bit by bit, whisking until sauce is combined well and thickened slightly.
- Serve pork, sliced, with sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market