Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 12 oz. skinless boneless chicken breast halves or chicken tenders, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice or long-grain white rice
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cubed peeled pineapple
- 1 kiwi, peeled, cubed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 large curly lettuce leaves
- Mix 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oil, 2 teaspoons garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger in medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 3/4 cups water to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Add rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Uncover; let stand until cool.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken with marinade to skillet and saute until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Cool.
- Whisk lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons garlic and 3 teaspoons ginger in a large bowl. Mix in rice, chicken, pineapple, kiwi, 1/2 cup green onions and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Chill. Let stand up to 2 hours at room temperature before continuing.)
- Line bowl with lettuce leaves. Spoon salad into bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup green onions and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market