This is a gluten free recipe
- 1 block (about 12 oz) of extra firm tofu - cut into thin strips or 1/2 inch cubes, and patted dry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 servings of flat rice stick noodles
- Spicy Lemongrass Sauce:
- 3-4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger - minced
- 2 lemongrass stalks Äì outer leaves removed and ends trimmed off, then remaining white part chopped finely
- 1-2 serrano chili Äì minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 5 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- Fish sauce or kosher salt to taste
- Generous dashes of ground white pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the spicy lemongrass sauce. Mix well.
- 2. Add two tablespoons of the prepared sauce to the tofu cubes and coat well. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. In a non-stick skillet or frying pan, add oil and the marinated tofu, and cook over medium heat. Cook one side of the tofu for 2-3 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the tofu is nicely browned.
- 4. Cook rice noodles according to the package instructions (generally about 5 minutes to cook in boiling water). Once cooked, drain and rinse noodles under cold running water.
- 5. Place noodles into each serving bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss lightly. Arrange veggies and tofu around noodles, then drizzle with the spicy lemongrass dressing. Garnish with fresh herbs and crushed peanuts (or sesame seeds).
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market