Makes 4 servings
- 2 well trimmed beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 oz each)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms, stems removed (about 1 ¾ lbs)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- For the Blue Cheese Butter:
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 tbsp rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine thyme, garlic and pepper in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks. Set aside.
- Brush mushrooms with oil. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange mushrooms around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 11-14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill mushrooms 16-18 minutes until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine Blue Cheese butter ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
- Coarsely chop mushrooms; divide evenly among 4 plates. Spread Blue Cheese Butter over steaks. Carve steaks into slices; arrange evenly over mushrooms. Season with salt, as desired. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Tips; To rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes, cover with boiling water; let stand 10 minutes. Drain well before using.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market