- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup beer
- 4 (10 oz) beef rib eye steaks
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, chopped garlic, grated ginger root, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce, and mix well to blend. Now add beer and stir lightly to mix.
- Prepare steaks by scoring any fatty outside areas on steak with a knife (this prevents the steaks from curling when barbecuing). Place steaks in a casserole dish and pour marinade over. Using a fork, punch holes in steaks so that the marinade penetrates into the steaks. Turn steaks over and repeat punching holes.
- Cover with clear wrap or foil and let marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or longer. You can also refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Prepare and preheat barbecue to high heat. Place steaks directly on grill and sear one side for about 15 seconds. Turn steaks over and cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 5 minutes for medium-rare, depending on thickness. Test for doneness by cutting into the middle of the steak.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market