Makes about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Add peppers; saute until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add olives, mustard and garlic. Stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer relish to bowl. Cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Can be made two days ahead. Chill.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market