Makes 2 dozen
This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Whisk 3/4 cup milk and egg yolk; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary.
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll out larger portion of dough between two large sheets of lightly floured waxed paper into an 18-in. x 13-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; trim pastry to edges of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries and rhubarb; toss to coat. Spoon into pastry.
- Roll out remaining dough; place over filling. Fold bottom pastry over edge of top pastry; seal with a fork. Prick top with a fork.
- Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market