Makes 4 servings
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- White pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup (8 oz.) shrimp, scallops or crabmeat,
- 3 tbsp. snipped fresh dill or 1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- Fresh pasta or toast points
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and milk.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and is smooth. Stir in the wine and mustard. Set aside.
- Heat remaining butter and saute the shallots until lightly browned.
- Add the seafood and saute another 4-5 minutes.
- Fold seafood into the sauce, and add dill, stir well.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve over cooked pasta or toast points.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market