- Short-crust dough (see recipe), rolled and chilled in a 9 1/2-inch tart pan (for GF use Grandma Fredones Frozen Pie crust)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Bake prepared dough at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Patch any small holes with leftover dough. Cool.
- Make the custard: in mixing bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in half-and-half, salt, pepper, lemon zest, thyme, scallions and parsley. Set aside.
- Set tart pan on a baking sheet. Spread goat cheese slices evenly over bottom of pastry. Beat custard once more and carefully pour into shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden and custard is set. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market