- 1 box yellow cake mix (GF use Betty Crocker &add I stick melted butter)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup flour (GF use domata)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 square pan with foil and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice, and flour with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Batter will be gooey.
- Press half the batter into the prepared pan. I found it easier to spray my hands with cooking spray before pressing so the batter wouldnt stick to my hands.
- Sprinkle pecans and toffee bits over the top of the bottom layer. Pour sweetened condensed milk over evenly over the nuts and toffee bits. Tip: spray your measuring cup with cooking spray, then pour the sweetened condensed milk into the cup. It will pour out easier. Note: you can transfer any leftover milk to a small sealable container and freeze until you need it again.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining dough evenly over the top of the bars. Spray your hands again and press gently to evenly cover.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until they are golden around the edges. Cool completely before slicing. (I often refrigerate them for a few hours before cutting.)
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market