- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour (GF use Domata)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir butter, sugar and honey together. Whisk in egg. Whisk in baking soda, buttermilk and pumpkin puree. Add salt, cornmeal, and flour. Do not overmix. As soon as the flour disappears, stop mixing.
- Add batter to a greased 8-inch baking dish and smooth out the batter. Bake for 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Prick the center with a toothpick and if not clean, bake for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with additional honey and butter, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market