- 1 pound fresh or frozen peeled, cooked medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh poblano chile peppers, seeded and chopped* (4 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (1 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
- 1 cup chopped roma tomatoes (3 medium)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chopped roma tomato (optional)
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add poblano peppers, onion, and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Stir in shrimp and 1 cup tomatoes. Remove from heat. Gradually add 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, stirring until cheeses are melted. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour batter evenly over shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese and the remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set and top is golden. If desired, sprinkle with additional tomato and cilantro.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market