Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 medium head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 pounds large prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt ½ cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add 1 minced head of garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking until reduced to a thick paste, about 60 to 90 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt remaining ½ cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Saute remaining garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss prawns in garlic butter sauce and place on a baking sheet. Broil until pink, do not overcook.
- Spread the warm tomato mixture onto serving plates. Place prawns on top of tomato sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market