Give one of your family's favorite meals--lasagna--a nutritional twist by using potatoes instead of pasta sheets.
- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes or 3 to 4 small red potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Spray a 1-quart microwave-safe dish with cooking spray. Spread 2 tablespoons pizza sauce in bottom of dish. Arrange half the potatoes in a single layer on top of sauce.
- Crumble half the beef evenly over potatoes. Season with half the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese and half the remaining pizza sauce.
- Repeat layers with remaining potatoes, beef, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 20 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes and beef are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market