Makes 8 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced leek
- 6 cups shredded peeled baking potato (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- To prepare cakes, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add leek to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Place leek in a large bowl. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- Place potato in a sieve; gently squeeze potato to remove excess moisture. Add potato, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and eggs to leek in bowl; stir well.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Divide potato mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
- Add 8 patties to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat procedure with remaining 8 patties. Serve with sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market