- 12 thin slices proscuitto (about ¼ lb)
- 16 large fresh sage leaves
- 2 (1-lb) pork tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slightly overlap long sides of 6 prosciutto slices on work surface with short ends nearest you and scatter 8 sage leaves crosswise on top.
- Pat 1 pork tenderloin dry and sprinkle all over with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Put meat on top of sage across middle of prosciutto (tucking end of tenderloin underneath if very thin), then wrap prosciutto around pork to enclose. Wrap second tenderloin in same manner.
- Transfer tenderloins, seam sides down and 2 inches apart, to small roasting pan and brush prosciutto all over with oil, then roast until thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 150°F, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market