Makes 6 servings
- 1 pork loin roast, bone-in, about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds
- 1 large clove garlic, halved lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices bacon, optional
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, dark grade A or grade B
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard or gourmet mustard
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Rub the roast all over with the garlic halves; discard the garlic. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. If there is very little fat on top of the roast, lay 2 slices of bacon across the top (optional).
- Roast the pork, uncovered, for about 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Brush the glaze over the roast and continue baking for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the roast registers about 155° on a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meatiest part of the roast (not touching bone or fat). Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market