Makes 8 servings
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (about 5 oz each)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cranberry pomegranate sauce (ingredients below)
- 4 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Garnish; fresh parsley sprig
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper. Cook 4 pork chops in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining 4 pork chops and 1 tablespoon oil.
- To prepare sauce; stir together cranberry sauce, pomegranate juice, chicken broth and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 ½ cups.
- Transfer pork chops to serving platter, and drizzle evenly with cranberry pomegranate sauce. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese and pecans. Garnish, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market