Makes 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp. sweet Madeira wine, divided
- 2 cups chopped Gala apples, unpeeled
- ½ cup diced pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. honey
- 8 (4-oz.) lean boneless pork chops (about ¾ to 1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- Combine the wine with the apples, dates, walnuts, thyme, and honey.
- Make a horizontal slit in each pork chop. Stuff equal portions of the mixture into each chop.
- Sprinkle each chop with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the canola oil, and sear 4 of the chops for about 7 to 8 minutes per side. Add the remaining oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining chops.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market