Makes 4 servings
- 4 pork chops
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp flour, unbleached
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 onions, small, thinly sliced
- ½ cup beer
- ½ cup beef broth, hot
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper; coat with flour. Heat oil in heavy frypan. Add pork chops; fry for 3 minutes on each side. Add onions; cook for another 5 minutes, turning chops once.
- Pour in beer and beef broth; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove pork chops to a preheated platter. Season sauce to taste. Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water. Stir into sauce and cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over pork chops.
- Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water. Stir into sauce and cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over pork chops.
- Serve with brussel sprouts and boiled potatoes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market