Makes 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free.
- 4 bartlett pears, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (GF use Domata or Jules GF flour blend)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils (1 large pomegranate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss pear cubes with sugar, flour, cinnamon and cardamom. Once thoroughly mixed, toss in pomegranate seeds and let sit while you make the crumble.
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, gingersnaps, flour, cardamom and cinnamon. Add softened butter and vanilla, and mix thoroughly with a fork or your hands until it becomes clumped together. Spray 4 ramekins with non-stick spray, then add an equal amount of pears/pomegranate in each. Layer crumble mixture on top of each pear cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp is golden brown. Serve hot and with ice cream if desired. Garnish with additional pom arils.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market