Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 1 cup bottled Champagne vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Cedar or alder grilling plank soaked in equal parts of red wine and water for at least 2 hours
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh herb leaves (parsley, oregano, basil, marjoram, etc.)
- In a large zip-top bag, combine salmon, Champagne vinaigrette, and mustard. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Gently massage bag so that everything is thoroughly combined. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade and discard marinade. Place on wine-soaked plank, season with salt and pepper and cover
- with herbs. Place planked salmon on grill. Cover grill and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until done. Remove from grill and serve hot.
- INDOOR: Marinate and prepare salmon as directed. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove salmon fillets from marinade and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Season with salt and pepper and cover with herbs. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, remove from oven and let stand tented with foil for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market