This recipe is gluten free.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to an even 1/8-inch thickness using a meat pounder.
- In a large nonreactive skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil over moderately high heat. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. When the butter stops foaming, add 2 pieces of chicken to the pan and sauté, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm in a low oven. Heat the remaining olive oil and another 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in the skillet and sauté the remaining chicken; keep warm. Pour off the fat from the pan.
- Add the wine to the skillet and boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers and half the parsley. Cut the remaining 3 tablespoons cold butter into pieces and whisk them into the sauce.
- Transfer the chicken to warmed plates and pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle the remaining parsley on the chicken, garnish with the lemon slices and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market