Makes 6 jars
- ½ tsp Fruit Fresh
- 2 quarts cold water
- 8 pounds fresh peaches, peeled
- 6 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tbsp whole cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped gingerroot
- 4 2-inch cinnamon sticks
- In a large bowl, combine Fruit Fresh and water; add peaches. In a saucepan, combine sugar and vinegar; stir to dissolve sugar and heat to boiling. Boil for 5 minutes; skimming foam. Place cloves, gingerroot and cinnamon in a cheesecloth spice bag.
- Drain peaches and place in boiling syrup. Cook until tender but not soft. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring syrup and peaches to a boil; remove spice bag. Pack peaches into hot, sterilized jars; cover with syrup, leaving ½ inch headspace. Process according to jar manufacturerÄôs specifications.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market