- 1 lb. dried penne
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay
- 1/2 bunch kale, tough stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crossways (8cups)
- 2 cups large shreds of cooked turkey
- 6 to 7 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted halved Kalamata olives
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking water, then drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots, garlic, 1 teaspoon salkt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the red-pepper flakes , and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add lemon zest and wine, and cook until wine has evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in kale and 1/4 sup reserved cooking water, and cook until kale wilts, about 3 minutes. Add turkey, and cook until heated through. Add goat cheese and remaining 1 1/4 cups reserved cooking liquid, stirring until sauce is creamy.
- Add pasta to skillet, and cook, stirring until pasta is coated and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in olives and lemon juice. Sprinkle with parmesan and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market