- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 Cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- One 3-inch round, Brie cheese
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat. Stir mixture until it comes to a boil. Boil gently, without stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and, shielding hands with oven mitts, quickly whisk in baking soda. Stir in salt and pecans until mixture begins to set, about 30 seconds.
- Working quickly, mound warm nut mixture on top of Brie and let caramel cascade down sides of cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market