This recipe has gluten free notes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs (GF use S'morables)
- 2 Giant HersheyÄôs milk chocolate bars, 7 ounces each
- 1 jar marshmallow cream, 7 ounces
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Press the chocolate bars on top of the dough. They should make an even layer in an 8×8 pan. Melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it over the chocolate bars.
- Spread the marshmallow cream over the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Roll the remaining ⅓ dough onto the chocolate foil wrappers (or some other nonstick surface). When youÄôve made an even square, gently peel it off and press it on top of the marshmallow cream.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for best serving results (see notes).
- For best cutting and serving results, i.e. the least amount of gooey mess, let cool 12 hours (I let mine cool overnight). Remove parchment paper and slice with a knife, wiping it down between each slice to remove the lovely mallow fluff. I baked for 30 minutes and the edges got a teeny bit dry. The non-edge pieces were perfect, though. If your oven runs hot (like mine) IÄôd go for closer to 25 minutes bake time. I used crunchy peanut butter
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market