This recipe contains gluten free notes.
- peanut butter cream cheese mousse (recipe follows)
- lots and lots of peanut butter cup pieces (we chopped up about 15 ReeseÄôs Peanut Butter Cups)
- chocolate ganache (recipe follows)
- Brownie mix (gf use Gluten free Pantry)
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Mousse
- ½ cup whipping cream, chilled
- 5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (we used Jif)
- Bake brownies per the instructions on the back of the box.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the whipped cream on high until stiff peaks form. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese and peanut butter and whisk on medium speed, until fully incorporated. Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add whipped cream back into bowl and whisk on medium high until peanut butter mixture and whipped cream are fully incorporated and the texture is light and fluffy. Place into a medium sized bowl and set in fridge while brownies fully cool. At least 30 minutes.
- To Assemble the Torte:
- Remove brownies from pan and into bowl in small pieces. Cover bottom of bowl. Spread A layer of the mousse. Scatter a handful of peanut butter cups.
- Place another brownie round on top of the that. Then add another 1/8 cup peanut butter mousse. Then peanut butter cups.
- Place third and final brownie round on top of second layer. Add a ¼ cup for the top layer of peanut butter mousse. And more peanut butter cups.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the torte. It might take some peanut butter cup pieces with it down the side. Just add more on top, you know you wanted to anyway.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market