Makes 10-12 servings
- 10 to 12 fresh peaches, unpeeled
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 to 6 pound pork loin roast
- Cut 5 peaches in half and remove pits. Process to make 2 cups of puree. Blend 1 cup of the puree with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Refrigerate.
- Combine remaining peach puree with the remaining lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, ginger, and pepper. Pour over meat and marinate for in a non-reactive container or large sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more, turning occasionally. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Cook meat on a spit over low coals for about 3 hours, basting often with marinade. Cut the remaining peaches in half and remove pits. About 30 to 40 minutes before the roast is done, place the peach halves on a double thickness of foil under the roast. Brush with marinade and serve as a garnish surrounding the roast. Heat the refrigerated peach mixture with the marinade to serve with the roast.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market