Makes 4 servings
- 4 halves boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp tarragon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup finely ground bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 fresh peaches, sliced
- 4 tbsp white wine
- Place chicken breasts between layers of wax paper and pound to 1/8 inch thickness. Spread mustard on one side of chicken and top with prosciutto. Roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks. In separate shallow dishes, mix flour with tarragon and bread crumbs with parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken roll-ups in flour mixture, then in egg, then in bread crumbs mixture. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in an 8x8 baking pan. Place roll-ups in pan and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Add peach slices. Melt remaining butter and mix with wine; sprinkle over chicken. Bake 15 minutes more. Serve with pan juices.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market