Makes 3 cups
It's hard to believe that this sweet, crunchy, and smoky salsa has only six calories per serving.Per tablespoon: calories, 6; total fat, 0;saturated fat, 0; cholesterol, 0
- 2 cups diced peeled pitted peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup diced unpeeled English hothouse cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 tsp chopped canned chipotle chiles*
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir to blend before serving.
- *Chipotle chiles canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market