Makes 6 servings
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Gooseberries Loaded Italian Sausages, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large red or green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into slivers
- 3 large firm, ripe red tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 10 basil leaves, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium frying pan warm 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat, add sausages, cover with lid and saute until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan, warm over medium heat, add onion and saute until golden. Add peppers and cook, turning them from time to time, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender (al dente - firm to the bite), drain and transfer to a warm bowl.
- Add the vegetable mixture and basil, toss. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market